Jolly Pumpkin’s Edamame Spread
Great as a dip or spread–we here at Jolly Pumpkin serve it with our grilled pizza dough!
1 ½ pounds shelled edamame (fresh when in season or frozen)
1 cup fresh spinach- washed, stems removed
¼ cup parmesan cheese-grated (optional)
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 clove garlic- crushed
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Fresh mint to garnish
- In boiling salted water blanch the beans until tender. Transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Place beans in a food processor and pulse until course chopped- transfer half of the beans to a mixing bowl, leaving the other half of the beans in the food processor.
- Add the olive oil, parmesan cheese, spinach, lemon zest and juice, garlic salt and pepper to the beans in the food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add the pureed beans to the course chopped beans and gently fold together. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving bowl- drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and garnish with fresh chopped mint