Let the Halloween cooking…begin! I’ve just been waiting to start posting fun spooky recipes. I’ll have more all week (taffy tongues are up next). But I wanted to start with this recipe that’s easy to pull together fast. AND kids can help you with every step.
Here’s how to create this 3-D Halloween scene:
What you’ll need
1 pan family-sized brownies (boxed varieties are fine)
1 cup white melting chocolate
Handful of mini-chocolate chips or raisins (yup, ghost eyes)
1/8 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
Oval crackers (Flipz work well)
Putting the brownies together
- Line a 9×13” baking pan with waxed or parchment paper and then lightly coat it with cooking spray.
- Bake the brownie mix according to package directions.
- Allow the brownies to cool and then cut them into six to eight rectangular pieces.
- Refrigerate the sliced brownies for at least 1 hour (or put them in the freezer for 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes on high power. Stir, and then keep heating in 30-second intervals until it becomes smooth.
- Let the chocolate cool slightly and create ghost shapes using the back of a spoon on waxed paper (so FUN). Add eyes before the chocolate sets.
- Allow the chocolate ghosts to cool completely and then carefully remove.
- Dip one end of the crackers into the white chocolate, then cool. Using the tip of a toothpick and melted semi-sweet chocolate write ‘RIP’ on the mini-tombstones.
- Working with one brownie at a time, flip it over and then use a fork to create crumbs on top (the soil of your ghostly graveyard).
- Carefully press the ghosts into the brownie along with the cracker to create your spooky scene.
Happy Halloween baking everyone!