Fagioli Calabrese from Compari’s on the Park
2 Tbs julienne fennel
2 Tbs julienne hungarian pepper (hot)
1 Link Hot Italian Sausage (cooked & chopped)
1 Tbs roasted red pepper
pinch chopped fresh garlic
3 Tbs butter beans
1 Cup fresh spinach
1/8 cup chicken stock
1/8 cup white wine (substitute: white grape juice)
2 cups cooked tubetti pasta
1 Tbs butter
1 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- Saute fennel, hungarian pepper and italian sausage in canola oil, cook until the veggies are tender.
Add roasted red peppers, garlic, beans, and spinach, then cook till beans are hot and spinach cooks down.
- Deglaze the pan with chicken stock and white wine (or white grape juice).
- Simmer for 2 minutes. Add pasta, butter, and Parmesan cheese; simmer till creamy.
- Top with fresh Parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper (or crushed red pepper).
- Enjoy this Southern italian favorite with fresh Italian bread with butter.
Keep reading during MKES’s Chef Week, tomorrow I’ll be starting a cool giveaway!