Archive for August, 2012
Prep time: 15 minutes
Servings : About 1 1/4 cups
1 small tomato
1/2 green pepper
1/2 small white onion
1/8 cup cilantro leaves
1 small clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 serrano chile pepper (opt.)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dice into small pieces the peaches (I leave the skin on), kiwis (I take the skin off), tomatoes, green pepper, and onion.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime into the diced pieces.
- Remove the seeds and mince the serrano chile pepper (if using).
- Mix in the garlic and minced cilantro leaves. Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Serve over grilled chicken, pork, fish, or rice.
Kids’ reactions: My middle child asked for seconds of the salsa to finish off with tortilla chips. My other two kids both requested kiwi-peach salsa again.