But sausage patties are perfect for the grill. We buy ours from a local farmer’s market that makes fresh pork and turkey varieties. Top your grilled patty with the works like bacon, cheese, and a fried egg. Or keep it simple–I like just a turkey sausage patty topped with thick-sliced tomato.
Prep time: 30 minutes
4 sausage patties (1 pound)
4 whole wheat kaiser buns
4 slices bacon, if desired
- Form the sausage into 4 thin patties.
- Heat the grill to high, then place the sausage patties on the grill.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Take the patties off the grill. While they cool prepare a fried egg for each.
- Place the patty on the bun followed by the bacon, cheese, and fried egg. (Alternatively, top the sausage patty with a slice of tomato.)