Backsplashes, ovens, and hoods, oh my!
My kitchen is a work in progress.
Here’s what’s happening so far:
- Ripped out the double oven, microwave, cooktop and gave them to a friend.
- Ripped out the cabinet that held the oven, microwave, and cooktop.
- Tore the soffit down above the oven space to create a space for a vent to the outside.
- Moved all of the plates, pans, and everything else into the dining room. Or what I like to call the kitchen annex.
- Sawed away the countertops. (Yeah, we’ll need to replace those sometime soon.)
- Wainscoting is up as the backsplash for the oven and underneath all of the cabinets. Big bonus: I don’t have to tear down all the wallpaper behind it and then repair the walls to paint. It’s covered, literally!
- Removed all of the doors and hardware on the upper cabinets.
- Put in a vent through the upper soffit to the outside.
- Place the hood in it’s spot.
- Move the oven and get the gas hooked up.
Well, that’s enough for one week!