My kids couldn’t wait to try these chocolate chalkboards in this month’s Family Fun magazine.
These edible chalkboards are easy to put together and make for a cool back-to-school craft.
Regular-sized chocolate bars (like Hershey’s)
- Use the toothpick to carve a message in the smooth side of a chocolate bar.
- Sprinkle enough powdered sugar on the message to fill the scratches.
- Carefully(!) blow the extra powdered sugar from off the chocolate (or rub it off with a napkin).
- Mold the caramels into a strip in your fingers. Note: You may need to microwave them at half power for a few seconds in the microwave to soften them.
- Press the caramel strips onto the chocolate bar to frame around it.
- Add the white sprinkles to look like chalk.
- That’s it! Eat once you’ve taken a picture–or during.