Last week I bought what was deemed an energy salad from Trader Joe’s — I needed it. I had about 10 minutes to eat something that had to fit as both lunch and dinner during a crazy day. The salad was so good I’ve been making it all week for lunch. Aptly named. The mix of spinach with crunchies like beans, dried fruit, and seeds fill you up and taste so good.
Serving: One, big, yummy salad
1 1/2 cups baby spinach
1/8 cup pumpkin seeds
1/8 cup chickpeas (canned, drained)
1/8 cup edamame
1/8 cup dried cranberries
1/8 cup shredded carrots
1 1/2 tablespoons ginger miso dressing
- Place baby spinach in the bottom of your salad bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
A few notes:
- I used shelled edamame seeds that came in a microwave steam bag.
- I bought miso ginger dressing, but you can make your own simple dressing by mixing equal parts olive oil and vinegar and add a little fresh lemon juice, then dried or fresh herbs.
- The leftover ingredients I stashed in the fridge and then added them to other meals for my kiddos – so far the edamame has been a hit.