Fast French Chocolate Mousse
Once a year my mother would make chocolate mousse. It was usually at Christmas time.
Well, it’s not Christmas but for Mother’s Day I thought making mom’s mousse recipe would be a fitting way to celebrate. Right now my mom and dad are living abroad at the moment as medical missionaries so communication is with sporadic emails. For Mother’s Day I’m remembering mom by making her mousse recipe. It’s simple – chocolate, heavy cream, eggs (they’re not cooked). My mom always ordered fresh heavy cream for the milk man. I was able to get mine through a special order from my CSA, Fresh Fork Market.
Prep time: 10 minutes or less
Servings: About 6
6 ozs. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 tbsp. water
2 whole eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
- In a glass measuring cup, melt the chocolate chips with water in the microwave. Whisk until smooth and allow to cool.
- In a blender, blend together the eggs, vanilla, and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and blend again for 1 minute.
- Add the chocolate mixture into the blender and blend for another minute.
- Pour the mousse into 6 glass containers (4-oz. ramekins work well).
- Refrigerate overnight and serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.