Posts tagged bars
Usually I don’t even notice when March Madness comes and goes. But this year all three of my kids are not only playing basketball but hungry for any and all things basketball, NCAA tournaments fit right in.
In honor of Ohio State’s recent big win, I just had to make Buckeye brownies. I ran across the recipe months ago while writing up a post about cookie bars. Granted I didn’t need much of an incentive to make anything the combines peanut butter and chocolate! So if you’re looking for something to munch on while enjoying Ohio State’s next game on Friday against George Mason University (they’re also predicted to win the whole tournament, OSU, not GMU), give these a try.
Now to figure out a treat to honor my own alma mater–Brigham Young University. I’d love to see the two play in the final game, but we’ll see…
Prep time: 10 minutes + baking
1 family size box brownie mix
1/3 cup oil
1 cup peanuts
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9×13″ pan with baking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the brownie mix, eggs and oil.
- In another bowl whip together the condensed milk and the peanut butter.
- Spoon the brownie batter onto the pan (it will be thick).
- Sprinkle the brownie batter with the nuts (the original recipe uses chopped nuts, I like them whole).
- Pour the milk mixture on top and swirl together using a fork or spatula.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- These are best on the second day–so chewy!