Posts tagged cornbread
I’ve had a sick kiddo at my house so she’s been requesting soup–and cornbread. (She’s reading over my shoulder right now and said to call this, “The bestestestest ever cornbread.”) Her favorite recipe comes from King Arthur. I’ve tried to tweak the recipe by adding Greek yogurt for part of the milk, drizzling in some honey, adding whole wheat flour. Surprisingly, the basic recipe is best. So for a quick, moist cornbread (that makes for great snacks in packed lunches) try this version.
King Arthur Cornbread
Prep time: 10 minutes + 15 minutes baking
Servings: 8-10 servings
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup milk
1 stick (8 tbsps. butter, melted and cooled)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In another bowl mix together the milk and egg.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the milk mixture just until moistened. Stir in the butter.
- Spray a 9″ baking pan (I use my cast iron) and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.