Posts tagged frugal kiwi
It’s cookie swap time! I wish I could swap cookies with some of my blogging friends in person, but since I can’t, I’m doing the next best thing–a virtual cookie swap. I’m including my recipe for Chocolatey Nutella cookies below along with links to the cookie recipes from my fellow swappers.
Want to play along? After looking through these mouth-watering recipes, add your cookie recipe link in your comment.
From Homestead Notes
From Boston Food Swap
From Frugal Kiwi
On to my entry…
Tweaked from CuisineAtHome
Prep time: 20 minutes + chilling/baking
Servings: 2 dozen
2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black onyx or espresso powder (optional, but good)
1 stick butter (8 tbsp.), room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup Nutella
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2/3 cup mini chocolate chips (preferably Ghirardelli)
- Whip the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Mix in the Nutella and almond extract.
- In a separate, small bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder (if using).
- On slow speed, add the dry ingredients to the soft ones.
- Wrap the dough in parchment paper or plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour or overnight (preferred).
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop out tablespoon cookie dough balls onto lightly greased cookie pans or parchment-lined pans.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, let the cookies cool slightly on the pan before removing.
There’s a few ways to finish off these cookies: