From cupcake queen Pam Turkin, the mind behind Just Baked, comes this recipe for pumpkin spice cookies.
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (saigon is my favorite)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups butter
- 1 can (15 oz.) 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pie spice in medium bowl.
- Beat soften butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl for 30 seconds.
- Add pumpkin, eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract; beat until blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture at low speed until combined.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges get golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread each cookie with frosting.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla flavor
- dash cinnamon
Add Milk and vanilla to powdered sugar until thin enough to drizzle. Once cookies have cooled drizzle over cookies to taste and enjoy!!
More ideas for cookies:
I am Barbara, but you can also call me Squid Mom 🙂
MyKidsEatSquid is for those parents who want to cook healthy delicious recipes for their children, that everyone can enjoy! Dishes of all types are taken apart and their creation is explained in detail. My goal is to empower parents and encourage them to make these dishes at home and get their children involved, as well.